Simplicity at its best. Here is a super simple salad that is just delicious and it’s one of my favorite salads to have. Serve this as a huge salad for lunch or add some chicken with it for yummy dinner.
- 1 cucumber
- Mixed greens lettuce
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Spiralize with a Spiralizer the cucumber (using Blade A) and add into a bowl.
- Mix lettuce, feta cheese, and cucumber in the bowl.
- Pour in olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on salad as much or as less as you want. Toss all ingredients together again.
- You’re done! Eat up!
To get started on spiralizing, go to my affiliate link on Amazon here to purchase your own Spiralizer.
Even my pet bunny, Winnie, loves the spiralized leftovers too!
Looking to a wonderful light dish for those warmer weather days? This is the meal to answer all your questions. The lime, cilantro, spicy Mexican taste adds a lot of pizzazz to the chicken along with zucchini “pasta” that just makes your mouth water. The zucchini provides a perfect substitution to pasta noodles with a very low amount of carbohydrates and you don’t even realize that it’s not pasta! This is quite possibly one of my favorite main dishes for dinner.
Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1.5 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno chopped (seeds out or seeds in if you want it really spicy)
- 1-2 large limes squeezed for juice
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
Saute Zucchini Noodles
- Using a Spiralizer, use the small noodle tray option (Blade C- the triangle holes) to make zucchini noodles. Then transfer into a large bowl.
- With a skillet on high heat, add chicken and sauté until golden brown. Add cumin, salt, pepper, half of the lime juice, and half of the cilantro. Cook for another minute and then transfer into a bowl and set a side.
- Next, keeping the chicken juices in the pan, pour in the zucchini noodles and chopped jalapeno. Stir them and sauté them for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt. Add more or less of lime juice and cilantro to cook to taste.
- Pour noodles in a large bowl with the chicken and stir gently. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don’t forget to sign up for the new Type Happy monthly newsletters! And purchase your own Spiralizer here on my Amazon affiliate link to create some of your favorite foodie masterpieces.
Spring has sprung! Time to set your clocks forward and get the move on with your day. What better way to start Spring with a new way of eating! I am very excited to showcase one of the most life changing tools to have in the kitchen called the Spiralizer. With this magical, easy to use appliance, you can instantly transform any carb-packed pasta meal into a delicious low-carb plate by just simply using vegetables. The Spiralizer is one of the most versatile tools that I have every worked with. You can make sandwiches, “pasta,” salads, desserts, noodles, French fries, anything and everything with it… the possibilities are endless!
To start your own spiraling Spiralizer adventure, follow my affiliate link to buy on Amazon.
What a fun way to enter into Spring!