Roasted Cauliflower makes for the perfect warm and flavorful side dish to any meal. Add it to top off your favorite salad or rice dish. You can mix it up by adding different spices to it each time for something new! Cauliflower is beneficial to fighting cancer stem cells, improving blood pressure, and brain development.
For more nutritional values of this dish, check out the nutritional commentary on Further Food, where I found this recipe! Here is their recipe:
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil (melted), or I have also used olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Place florets on a large baking pan, cover with coconut oil and salt and toss to coat evenly. (Make sure the florets are spread with space between them on the pan.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out, sprinkle the thyme and pepper evenly over the pan, and roast for another 3-5 minutes. Cauliflower should be able to be easily pierced with a fork and slightly crispy around the edges when it is done!
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and enjoy as a side dish or on top of your favorite salad or quinoa dish!
Servings: 3, Carbs 8g, Fiber 3g, Protein 3g