I’ve always been a fan of spiralizing zucchini to make noodles, but I have never thought about making it into rice! I found this recipe from Further Food and it opened my eyes to a great new healthy low carb alternative to rice! I think this recipe will be used a lot for me in future dishes!
Here is Further Food’s recipe:
- 2 large zucchini squash
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, or cooking fat of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add additional optional l seasonings like garlic, onion, chives, sesame seeds, etc
- You will want to slice the ends off your squash and then spiralize them with a Spiralizer.
- After they are spiralized, place on a cutting board and dice until desired sized “kernels.”
- OR if you don’t have a Spiralizer, you can also grate the zucchini into rice sized grated chucks
- In a skillet, saute the zucchini rice in the teaspoon of oil for about 5 minutes or until it softens
- You will want to try to cook off as much water as possible
- Add in the seasonings of choice and then serve!
Per Serving: Calories: 53; Total Fat: 3 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 1179 mg; Potassium: 512 mg; Carbohydrate: 6 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugar: 5 g; Protein: 2 g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C: 58%; Vit A: 7%; Iron: 3%; Calcium: 3%;