Wake up this fall morning before Thanksgiving and enjoy a slice of low carb, gluten free warm pumpkin bread with a spread of jam on top! I love starting the morning with a holiday themed breakfast. It just instantly makes me happy and ready for the holiday seasons. This is great for Diabetics because of it’s gluten free, low carb, low sugar qualities. Not to mention, it will coat your mouth with strong tasteful fall spices! Yum!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup puree pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 liquid stevia drops (optional, sweeten to taste)
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, baking soda) and the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice) together in medium-large sized bowl.
- Then mix the wet ingredients (pumpkin, eggs, honey, vanilla, and stevia) together in smaller bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix together until smooth.
- Pour batter into 2 small greased loaf pans or 1 large greased loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for approximately 40-45 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Cut into slices and enjoy warm toasted with apricot jam or butter on top!