Green smoothies make for festive Halloween themed party snacks! Yummy for everyone and an easy way to get kids to drink some veggies and protein without them knowing it.
Superfoods improve health, boost immune system, elevates serotonin production, cleanses, lowers inflammation, and alkalizes the body.
- Scoop of protein powder (I used Vega vanilla flavor because it has greens, plant-based protein, and superfood ingredients in there as well)
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Spiralina powder: An Aztec superfood that has the highest source of complete protein (65%). It is high in many vitamins and minerals (Vitamins B1, B2, B3, Copper, Iron, Omega-6, Omega-3), trace elements, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
- Maca powder: Comes from the Peruvian Andes. Adaptogenic superfood that increases energy, endurance, strength, libido. Contains 20 amino acids.
- Chlorella powder: Rich in protien, Vitamins A, B2, B3, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, helps naturally detox the body from harmful metals, supports the immune system, and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Flaxseed: Great source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, Omega-3. Helps improve glycemic control for blood sugars, lowers cholesterol, and many other benefits.
- Honey (sweetened to taste, optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Take clear plastic cups and with a Sharpie permanent marker, draw on Frankenstein’s face. I even used glass mason jars and wrote on it with a grease pencil. It stays on as you use it, but can be washed off later.
- Fill the cups with your blended green smoothie and watch Frankenstein’s face come to life!
- Enjoy your freaky green Frankenstein monster!