I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter holiday! Now, for me, Easter can hang around for a little longer. I got some creative colorful snacks for those post-Easter days. Simple tie-dyed hardboiled eggs for some protein when I’m on the go! What a way to eat! Adds a little bit of color and sunshine to my mediocre day when I grab one of these!
In the Spring and Summer months, I absolutely love peaches and coconut. Those two things just scream beach and sunshine! So, today I am making a yummy spring filled smoothie.. Paleo Peach Coconut Smoothie! It’s perfect to drink on those hot days to quench your thirst and hunger for something light.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 2 large peached, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 T fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a blender and taste that yummy spring time goodness in your tummy!
To make it a well rounded breakfast, add a scoop of protein powder to add in that must-have protein! I use Vega Vanilla Protein (Amazon Affiliate Link). It contains only 80 calories, no added sugar, 25g of plant based protein, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and has 2 servings of your daily greens. Woot!
Spring has officially sprung! Flowers are blooming and vegetables are ripe. I want to spend this first week of April focusing on Spring time and Easter festive goodies. I saw this cute, simple, easy appetizer arrangement and thought it was so perfect for a Spring time snack or as Easter hors d’oeuvres. And I ain’t April Foolin’ ya!
- large carrots
- Cut the large carrots into round slices. Then using your knife, cut out 3 triangle slices at the top to make your tulip shape.
- Cut the cucumber into round slices. Then cut a large ‘V’ into the slices to make your leaf shapes.
- Attach both the cucumber leaf and the tulip carrot on to the toothpick. Stick the finished flower into a cucumber, apple, or styrofoam block to have the flowers stand up together. Enjoy!