Having that chocolate craving? How about indulging in some chocolate pudding that is actually good for you! Made with 7 simple ingredients and superfoods to make you feel your best. Containing low sugar and low carb, of course.
Lets talk about the benefits! Avocados are loaded with tons of potassium (more than bananas), fiber, contains heart-heathy monounsaturated fatty acids, and can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Cacao (the raw superfood where chocolate comes from) is a rich natural antioxidant compound that can reduce heart disease, help burn fat, boost immunity, give you lots of energy, improve your memory, lowers insulin resistance, and make you in a better mood. Not to be confused with cocoa, which is raw cacao that has been roasted at high temperatures reducing the enzyme content and lowering the overall nutritional value.
Use ingredients as needed, if you want to make more or less, just add or lessen the amounts that you need. That is what is so great about this recipe, is that just like a smoothie, you can add or not add as much ingredients as you like to make it how you want to taste and the amount desired.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (coconut milk, whatever milk preferred)
- 2 tablespoons honey (agave nectar, maple syrup, any sweetener that you prefer, stevia, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cacao nibs (*optional for toppings)
- Place all ingredients (except for the cacao nibs- save for the toppings) into a blender and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, top with your favorite toppings. Cacao nibs, coconut flakes, cut up fruit, and crushed almonds all taste great on top!
1 serving, 13g carbs
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.. ice cream sandwiches! This recipe is a good one to have around because of course it is great for making ice cream sandwiches, but it is also great for making just plain ol’ chocolate chip cookies to eat on their own!
I paired my chocolate chip cookies with Arctic Zero’s Chocolate Chip ice cream flavor! And let me tell you, ah-maze-ing!
Arctic Zero is a great way to substitute for regular ice cream because it has all the great flavor, but without all the calories and fat! It is a low glycemic, lactose free, gluten free, and GMO free ice cream! Guilt free! It is made with all natural ingredients, including quality whey protein and sweetened with the antioxidant monk fruit! This ice cream not only cures your sweet tooth, but it is also low in sugars, low in carbs, helps boost your energy, and can improve muscle tone! Let me say it again.. ice cream that is low in sugar and carbs! Awesome!
Bonus fact: The founder, Greg Holtman, has a Type 1 Diabetic mother! His family always loved sweets, but he hated how all ice creams had so much artificial ingredients and sugars. So he decided to create his own brand of ice cream to make it more diabeticly friendly for his mom and a healthier option for his whole family to eat! I love it, supporting diabetics even in the products that we can buy! How cool!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (you can use dark chocolate chips that are 65% cocoa or more, or use Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips [AF Link] that are sweetened with the natural sweetener Stevia [AF Link])
- 1/2 cup coconut oil [AF Link]
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups almond flour [AF Link]
- Ice cream (I used Arctic Zero Chocolate Chip, but any flavor that you see fit will do! Be create with trying out different flavors in each sandwich that you make!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In one mixing bowl combine dry ingredients
- In another mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until well combined
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- On a baking sheet, place tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough on it
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy with your favorite kind of milk! (I like to use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk [AF Link])
- To make the ice cream sandwiches, grab 2 of your cookies and scoop a hefty size of Arctic Zero ice cream on to one cookie. Then place the other cookie on top and squish it down to create your sandwich! Enjoy, you cookie monster, you!