I love my smoothies in the mornings. In just one drink, I can get my protein, greens, vitamins, minerals, and even my energy! I tried out making a delicious new smoothie that put three of the best tasting things together.. coconut, vanilla, and matcha! And may I say.. it’s amazing and of course, low sugar!
The many health benefits of matcha include:
- Packed with many antioxidants
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies your body naturally
- Enhances mood and concentration
- Gives you energy (a great substitute for coffee)
- Rich in fiber, chlorophyll, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc, magnesium, and many other vitamins
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetend almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla Vega protein powder (or any kind of protein powder)[AF link]
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup ice
- Blend well together and sip away!
Even your plain ol’ water can be dressed up for Fourth of July! Hydration is key to a hot summer day. Plus, the fruit gives water a new, fun, refreshing taste! Pizazz your water by throwing some fruit into it!
- Strawberries, diced
- Fill your glass with water, add in ice, and toss in as many blueberries and strawberries you would like!
- Feel refreshed!
Looking for a way to refresh your day with in excellent sugar free beverage for summer time?! I got just the drink for you! It’s the perfect drink companion to have with you by the pool, at a party, or even just lounging around the house. This chiller is great as a mock cocktail or alcohol can be added to it as a light sugar free margarita/ spritzer. This will quickly become one of your favorite go-to refreshing drinks!
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- 4-5 basil and mint leaves
- club soda
*optional Tequila or Gin alcohol (for 21 and over)
- In a 16 ounce glass, add the lime juice and *optional alcohol
- Fill the rest of the glass with club soda
- Top with ice
- Add in basil and mint leaves
- Drop in a few drops or a packet of stevia
- Stir lightly and ENJOY!
For diabetics, drinks can be one of the trickiest things because there are an unknowing amount of sugars and carbs. That is why I wanted to create a drink that would be both delicious and diabetic friendly. We all need to have good drinks that are low enough in sugars that both diabetics and non-diabetics can enjoy.
In the Spring and Summer months, I absolutely love peaches and coconut. Those two things just scream beach and sunshine! So, today I am making a yummy spring filled smoothie.. Paleo Peach Coconut Smoothie! It’s perfect to drink on those hot days to quench your thirst and hunger for something light.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 2 large peached, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 T fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a blender and taste that yummy spring time goodness in your tummy!
To make it a well rounded breakfast, add a scoop of protein powder to add in that must-have protein! I use Vega Vanilla Protein (Amazon Affiliate Link). It contains only 80 calories, no added sugar, 25g of plant based protein, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and has 2 servings of your daily greens. Woot!
What’s more festive than a paleo, low sugar, nondairy eggnog drink to curl up with while watching Christmas movies?! …Sounds like a perfect night to me! Type Happy Challenge for Day 8 is make some of this delicious nectar and sip on it as you have a relaxing night in!
• 1 can full fat coconut milk
• 1 cup almond milk
• 3-4 egg yolks
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup maple syrup or couple of drops of liquid stevia or sweetener to taste
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp ground allspice
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender.
This can be enjoyed chilled, heated up, blended with ice for a freeze, or put into an ice cream maker to make a delicious eggnog ice cream.
So many options, so much fun!