This is one of the EASIEST cookie recipes that you will ever make. All you need is just TWO ingredients.. Bananas and chia seeds! And the best part is that you can eat ALL the raw cookie dough that you want with this recipe, no eggs involved!
These guys will keep you satisfied because chia seeds expand when you digest them keeping you feeling fuller for longer. Chia seeds are also dense with micronutrients, antioxidants, fiber, protein, Omega-3s, etc! The banana gives it the right amount of sweetness too! These cookies will help you snack smart and give you your sweet tooth fix in a healthy way.
The great part about this recipe is that you can add many other ingredients to make different versions. For example, just by adding things like chocolate chips, peanut/almond butter, oats, or unsweetened coconut shreds would all make it taste amazing! Be creative!
- 1-2 bananas (depending on how many you want to make)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds (Amazon Affiliate link)
- With a fork, mash up your bananas until they form a creamy consistency like dough
- Stir in the chia seeds
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spoon little spoonfuls of the banana chia seed dough on to the baking sheet formed into cookies. The thicker you make them, the more gooey they will taste. And the more thin you make them, the more crispy they will be.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool and then go bananas!
Nutrition facts per cookie: 24 calories, 1g carb, 1g protein, 3g fat
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.. ice cream sandwiches! This recipe is a good one to have around because of course it is great for making ice cream sandwiches, but it is also great for making just plain ol’ chocolate chip cookies to eat on their own!
I paired my chocolate chip cookies with Arctic Zero’s Chocolate Chip ice cream flavor! And let me tell you, ah-maze-ing!
Arctic Zero is a great way to substitute for regular ice cream because it has all the great flavor, but without all the calories and fat! It is a low glycemic, lactose free, gluten free, and GMO free ice cream! Guilt free! It is made with all natural ingredients, including quality whey protein and sweetened with the antioxidant monk fruit! This ice cream not only cures your sweet tooth, but it is also low in sugars, low in carbs, helps boost your energy, and can improve muscle tone! Let me say it again.. ice cream that is low in sugar and carbs! Awesome!
Bonus fact: The founder, Greg Holtman, has a Type 1 Diabetic mother! His family always loved sweets, but he hated how all ice creams had so much artificial ingredients and sugars. So he decided to create his own brand of ice cream to make it more diabeticly friendly for his mom and a healthier option for his whole family to eat! I love it, supporting diabetics even in the products that we can buy! How cool!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (you can use dark chocolate chips that are 65% cocoa or more, or use Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips [AF Link] that are sweetened with the natural sweetener Stevia [AF Link])
- 1/2 cup coconut oil [AF Link]
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups almond flour [AF Link]
- Ice cream (I used Arctic Zero Chocolate Chip, but any flavor that you see fit will do! Be create with trying out different flavors in each sandwich that you make!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In one mixing bowl combine dry ingredients
- In another mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until well combined
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- On a baking sheet, place tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough on it
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy with your favorite kind of milk! (I like to use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk [AF Link])
- To make the ice cream sandwiches, grab 2 of your cookies and scoop a hefty size of Arctic Zero ice cream on to one cookie. Then place the other cookie on top and squish it down to create your sandwich! Enjoy, you cookie monster, you!
A perfect cooling & creamy after school snack during this last bit of summer heat. Not only can this treat cool you off, but it can also serve as a great workout recovery snack because of its sugars from the fruit and also from the protein from the Greek yogurt. Double whammy!
- In a popsicle tray [AF Link], Scoop in the greek yogurt adding as many raspberries as you would like.
- Place tray into freezer and let sit for a couple of hours until hardened
- Enjoy its yumminess!
Yogurt: 1 cup: 18g protein, 11g sugar, 13g carbs
Raspberries: 1 cup: 7g carbs, 5g sugar
When I think of summer, the first thing that pops into my head are popsicles! I created these to make them 4th of July themed by making them with red and blue berries. So easy to make and fun for everyone to eat! Have a refreshing pop to cool off your summer days!
- In a popsicle tray maker, pour your sugar free juice into the tray and add as many blueberries and strawberries as you like.
- Place into the freezer for a few hours until they harden.
- Take out and lick away!
Even Winnie likes it too!
Happy 4th of July! I hope that you have enjoyed my simple, summer 4th of July themed recipes this week! Create and have fun with these treats for all your summery festivities!
Cool down this Independence Day weekend with an all-American parfait dessert! Super simple to make, but has a beautiful and festive presentation. The only sugar in it is from the fruit! So delicious!
- Strawberries, diced
- Sugar Free Cool Whip
- In a glass, layer mixed berries with the sugar free cool whip until you have reached the top!
- I decorated the top of my parfait with blueberries and a watermelon star cut out. But it can be decorated with anything (strawberries, american flags, etc.) or it can also be left plain as well!