Green smoothies make for festive Halloween themed party snacks! Yummy for everyone and an easy way to get kids to drink some veggies and protein without them knowing it.
Superfoods improve health, boost immune system, elevates serotonin production, cleanses, lowers inflammation, and alkalizes the body.
- Scoop of protein powder (I used Vega vanilla flavor because it has greens, plant-based protein, and superfood ingredients in there as well)
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Spiralina powder: An Aztec superfood that has the highest source of complete protein (65%). It is high in many vitamins and minerals (Vitamins B1, B2, B3, Copper, Iron, Omega-6, Omega-3), trace elements, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
- Maca powder: Comes from the Peruvian Andes. Adaptogenic superfood that increases energy, endurance, strength, libido. Contains 20 amino acids.
- Chlorella powder: Rich in protien, Vitamins A, B2, B3, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, helps naturally detox the body from harmful metals, supports the immune system, and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Flaxseed: Great source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, Omega-3. Helps improve glycemic control for blood sugars, lowers cholesterol, and many other benefits.
- Honey (sweetened to taste, optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Take clear plastic cups and with a Sharpie permanent marker, draw on Frankenstein’s face. I even used glass mason jars and wrote on it with a grease pencil. It stays on as you use it, but can be washed off later.
- Fill the cups with your blended green smoothie and watch Frankenstein’s face come to life!
- Enjoy your freaky green Frankenstein monster!
Breakfast is served!
Breakfast is always my favorite meal of the day. This is a simple healthy egg dish to add to your recipe books. Eat it daily or serve it for a brunch!
- 1 poached egg
- 1 slice of toast (whole wheat, gluten free, low carb diabetic bread, or any kind you prefer)
- 4 stalks of steamed asparagus
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 sliced of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Spread ricotta on toasted bread
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Layer with asparagus spears
- Top with the poached egg
- Sprinkle with bacon and pepper to top it all off!
Creates 1 serving
This Father’s Day weekend, why not surprise your dad with breakfast in bed for his special day! These quick, easy, healthy eggs will not only feed his hunger needs, but also surprise him with its beautiful presentation! He will love it!
breakfast in bed
These “Nesting Eggs” are also so perfect for serving at a Sunday brunch! They are light, filled with flavor and feels like a pastry, but without the flour and carbs!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated mixed cheddar cheese (any kind that you want)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- Separate eggs, putting egg whites in 1 large bowl and yolks in 2 separate bowls.
- Whip whites until stiff peaks form, looking like whipped cream.
- Carefully fold in the cheese, chives, and bacon.
- Spoon into 2 mounds on to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make a deep well in the center of each mound.
- Bake mounds at 450 degrees for 3 minutes. Then take out of oven.
- Then add 1 yolk to each mound’s well and season with pepper.
- Bake back in the oven until the yolks are set and the egg whites are golden. Around 2-3 minutes. Leave in for longer if you do not want runny, sunny-side up styled eggs.
- Serve and enjoy!
*each egg is a serving so you can add more or less eggs to serve more
whipped egg whites
folding the egg whites
Dad enjoying his breakfast
Check out my recipe featured on Further Food along with nutritionalist commentary: Nesting Eggs
What’s better than waking up this Easter morning to some creatively cute Easter Bunny Paleo Pancakes?! If this doesn’t put a smile on your face, then I don’s know what else will. Everyone will love this breakfast surprise.. kids, adults, grandparents, everyone. Its the perfect way to start off your Easter celebrations the right way! Happy Easter!
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 t cinnamon
Bunny Accessories Ingredients
- Sliced strawberries
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cut into haves blueberries
- Sliced banana
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a bowl or blender until smooth consistency.
- Pour batter on to hot pan and flip over for a golden pancake. For one plate make one large pancake, one medium pancake, 2 small pancakes, and 2 small triangle looking pancakes.
- Tip: For creating the bunny’s ears, instead of pouring the batter on to the pan into a round dollop like you normally would for round pancakes, pour the batter in a line shape so that the pancakes are more stretched to look like an ear shape.
- When done, place pancakes in the shape of a bunny.
- Add the shredded coconut at the bottom of the bunny for a fluffy cotton tail.
- Place the sliced strawberries on the side as hearts. And place the 6 halved blueberries on each foot of the bunny. Finally, place 2 slices of bananas on each of the bunny’s foot.
- Admire this cute creation of yours and devour!
My pet bunny, Winnie was my inspiration and muse!
Check out my recipe featured on Further Food along with nutritionalist commentary: 4-Ingredient Paleo Bunny Pancakes
One of my favorite things is waking up in the morning to fresh, warm, homemade muffins. Today I wanted to make some delicious spring themed Paleo Strawberry Muffins using my Easter muffin cups! How festive! These guys are gluten free, grain free, low carb, and low sugar! And still tastes delicious! The sweetness of the fresh strawberries baked in gives each bite a sweet pleasant surprise. These spring time muffins are soft and fluffy, just like an Easter Bunny.
2 cups almond flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
1/2 cup honey
1 T ghee, melted (or olive oil)
1 T coconut oil, melted
1 T lemon juice
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then combine wet in another bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check to make sure muffins are done by sticking a toothpick into the center of a muffin to see that the toothpick comes out clean.
- When done, let muffins cool and get ready to chow down on some seriously good muffins
Check out my recipe featured on Beyond Type1: Strawberry Paleo Muffins