One of my favorite things is to wake up, make myself a latte, toast a slice a piece of banana zucchini bread, and sit out on my porch enjoying the morning air. I found this amazing recipe for a grain free, vegan, paleo, low sugar, low carb banana zucchini bread from the site Further Food! It is such a great way to use all of my really ripe bananas and zucchinis that I had laying around my kitchen! I loved the fact that no white baking flour or confectioners sugar was used in the making of it! Makes it that much better to enjoy knowing that it came from all simple whole food ingredients!
Here is the Further Food recipe:
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, ground (or cinnamon works well too)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Pour batter into bread pan and put into the oven to cook for 45 minutes
- Make sure bread is thoroughly cooked by sticking a toothpick in the center and making sure it comes out clean.
- Slice up the bread and enjoy! Try it toasted too!