Lately I have personally vowed to not eat beef anymore for my own moral reasons in that I love cows and feel guilty eating them. I never really loved beef burgers anyways so it wasn’t that hard of a change for me anyways. I have been looking for an alternative healthy sort of patty that I could eat, besides your typical veggie burger, and I found this Vegan Broccoli Fritter recipe from Further Food that I fell in love with.
I made these for the first time and loved how easy it was to cook. I took my first bite and was SO surprised with how much flavor they had for being vegan! So naturally, these fritters have how become one of my favorite things to make. Whether you are vegan or not, you will still love these fritters as much as I do.
Here is Further Food’s recipe:
- Egg replacer (1 tablespoon flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 head broccoli
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Prepare your egg replacer and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli for a few minutes until fork-tender. Mash up broccoli with fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli pieces with all the other ingredients and mix well until the mixture feels like it will hold together.
- Make around 6 patties.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place fritters in the skillet (don’t crowd the pan; only cook about 3 fritters at a time), reduce heat to low and cook fritters on each side for about 2/3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve hot!
Per Serving: Calories: 216; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 11g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 412mg; Potassium: 432mg; Carbohydrate: 15g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 6g