Having that chocolate craving? How about indulging in some chocolate pudding that is actually good for you! Made with 7 simple ingredients and superfoods to make you feel your best. Containing low sugar and low carb, of course.
Lets talk about the benefits! Avocados are loaded with tons of potassium (more than bananas), fiber, contains heart-heathy monounsaturated fatty acids, and can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Cacao (the raw superfood where chocolate comes from) is a rich natural antioxidant compound that can reduce heart disease, help burn fat, boost immunity, give you lots of energy, improve your memory, lowers insulin resistance, and make you in a better mood. Not to be confused with cocoa, which is raw cacao that has been roasted at high temperatures reducing the enzyme content and lowering the overall nutritional value.
Use ingredients as needed, if you want to make more or less, just add or lessen the amounts that you need. That is what is so great about this recipe, is that just like a smoothie, you can add or not add as much ingredients as you like to make it how you want to taste and the amount desired.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (coconut milk, whatever milk preferred)
- 2 tablespoons honey (agave nectar, maple syrup, any sweetener that you prefer, stevia, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cacao nibs (*optional for toppings)
- Place all ingredients (except for the cacao nibs- save for the toppings) into a blender and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, top with your favorite toppings. Cacao nibs, coconut flakes, cut up fruit, and crushed almonds all taste great on top!
1 serving, 13g carbs