This is such an easy way to make your own tuna salad, and it calls for an easy clean up because there’s no plates needed! You just use an avocado as a natural bowl! This is a great lunch to make because it is a spin off of the traditional tuna salad sandwich, but it doesn’t include bread! So it is low in carbs, but high in protein and good fats! Take this lunch on-the-go, on a picnic, to work, to school, or quickly whip it up at home!
- 1 avocado cut in half (with skin on)
- 1 can of tuna fish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 carrot chopped or grated
- Remove the seed out of the halved avocado and scoop out (and save) a little bit of the avocado out to make a bigger hole in the middle of the halved avocado.
- Create your tuna salad by mixing together the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, carrots, and the extra scooped out avocado.
- Place your tuna salad mixture into the halved avocado. Using it like a bowl!
- Enjoy your avocado tuna salad bowl!