OK, talk about workout recovery and yum! These power cookies are quite powerful. They are great for post workout recovery or a nice pick-me-up snack. Even kids will love them! They taste great and they even have my protein and greens servings in them from my Vega protein powder (AF link). Not only can the protein restore your body, but even the banana in the cookies can serve as a great way to replenish your blood sugars too if you are a little low after a tough workout. These are a great portable snack to pack up in your gym bag or even to work. Low carb, low sugar, can’t lose.
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar free honey *optional (AF link)
- 1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (any kind that you want, I used Vega [AF link])
**OR 1 packet of sugar free hot chocolate mix or cacao powder
* if you do not have chocolate protein powder, then you can use any regular flavor protein powder (original or vanilla) and then use 1 packet of sugar free hot coco mix to make your cookies still chocolatey
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together until well combined.
- Place spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes
-The cookies will be a little gooey when they are first taken out, but after being completely cooled they will harden a little to a soft cookie.
Servings: 6 cookies, Carbs (per cookie): 8g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g