This Father’s Day weekend, why not surprise your dad with breakfast in bed for his special day! These quick, easy, healthy eggs will not only feed his hunger needs, but also surprise him with its beautiful presentation! He will love it!
These “Nesting Eggs” are also so perfect for serving at a Sunday brunch! They are light, filled with flavor and feels like a pastry, but without the flour and carbs!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated mixed cheddar cheese (any kind that you want)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- Separate eggs, putting egg whites in 1 large bowl and yolks in 2 separate bowls.
- Whip whites until stiff peaks form, looking like whipped cream.
- Carefully fold in the cheese, chives, and bacon.
- Spoon into 2 mounds on to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make a deep well in the center of each mound.
- Bake mounds at 450 degrees for 3 minutes. Then take out of oven.
- Then add 1 yolk to each mound’s well and season with pepper.
- Bake back in the oven until the yolks are set and the egg whites are golden. Around 2-3 minutes. Leave in for longer if you do not want runny, sunny-side up styled eggs.
- Serve and enjoy!
*each egg is a serving so you can add more or less eggs to serve more
Check out my recipe featured on Further Food along with nutritionalist commentary: Nesting Eggs