One of my favorite things is waking up in the morning to fresh, warm, homemade muffins. Today I wanted to make some delicious spring themed Paleo Strawberry Muffins using my Easter muffin cups! How festive! These guys are gluten free, grain free, low carb, and low sugar! And still tastes delicious! The sweetness of the fresh strawberries baked in gives each bite a sweet pleasant surprise. These spring time muffins are soft and fluffy, just like an Easter Bunny.
2 cups almond flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
1/2 cup honey
1 T ghee, melted (or olive oil)
1 T coconut oil, melted
1 T lemon juice
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then combine wet in another bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check to make sure muffins are done by sticking a toothpick into the center of a muffin to see that the toothpick comes out clean.
- When done, let muffins cool and get ready to chow down on some seriously good muffins
Check out my recipe featured on Beyond Type1: Strawberry Paleo Muffins