Warm apple slices with sprinkled cinnamon is a smell of my childhood. This recipe just brings me back to when I was a little girl. It is a perfect dish that brings out those warm fuzzy feelings of comfort. It’s like grandma’s apple pie, but easier and not so many calories. Get ready to hop into this time machine as I take you back with this recipe to a cozy apple crumble that you might of experienced in your childhood.
2 Granny Smith apple
1 Fuji or Honeycrisp apple (use any kind of apples that you want)
¼ cup maple syrup
2 T ground cinnamon (use more or less to taste)
1 ½ cup of granola (use any kind of granola you want, you can use Paleonola [Amazon affiliate link] to make it paleo)
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spiralize the apples with your Spliralizer (using Blade A- the slicer blade) and place the apple slices in a small cast-iron skillet or a small bake pan.
3. Drizzle half of the maple syrup on the apples and sprinkle half of the cinnamon over all the apples.
4. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes and remove. Sprinkle the granola to cover all the apples and drizzle the remaining maple syrup and cinnamon over the whole area.
5. Bake for 10-15 until the top is golden brown and crispy and the apples are completely soft.
6. Remove this baby from the oven and enjoy by itself, with Greek yogurt, or with Arctic Zero vanilla ice cream! So many options! YUM!
Want your own Spiralizer?! You can even buy a Spiralizer here on my Amazon affiliate link!