To continue my theme of all things pumpkin and excitement for the upcoming holidays, I woke up craving pumpkin pancakes! Skipping down the hallway to my kitchen, I gathered my ingredients to make a paleo, grain free, gluten free, low carb, sugar free festive fall breakfast.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 T almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 t maple syrup (I use Walden Farms sugar free syrup)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 t cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- coconut oil or olive oil for cooking pancakes
- Cacao nibs (optional, if you want a chocolate chip flavor)
- Mix pumpkin puree, almond milk, eggs, syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- Whisk coconut flour, baking soda, salt, almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and cacao nibs (optional) together in a separate bowl.
- Stir pumpkin mixture and flour mixture together until well incorporated. *Add more almond milk or water to the batter if the mixture it is too thick.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over low heat. Pour circles of batter into the hot oil. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.