Tonight’s dinner consists of a fresh grilled salmon with a kale salad and the side of a cauliflower pizza! That’s right, cauliflower pizza! I discovered the way of having a delicious pizza without all the carbohydrates. This veggie-powered pizza is a great way to cut back on those grains and gluten. The crusty cauliflower gives the pizza a great base for slamming on any kind of toppings that you want.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles.
- Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.