Since it’s almost Halloween, I think it is important to be able to enjoy this wonderful holiday with some spooky “candies” too! I’ve made two healthy, delicious, Halloween paleo treats that both kids and adults can enjoy guilt-free! Banana Zombies and Ghost Truffles! There’s no need to worry about those blood sugar spikes with these creepy creative delicacies.
Paleo Ghost Truffles (gluten, grain, dairy, and sugar free)
• ⅔ cup raw pecans, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons cacao paste (or 100% dark, unsweetened chocolate), chopped • ½ cup coconut butter, melted*
• 2 tablespoons of sugar free honey
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
• Handful mini Lily’s Sweets sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Melt the cacao paste slowly in a bowl
2. Mix in the chopped pecans, 4 tablespoons of melted coconut butter (reserve the remaining ¼ cup for dipping), honey, vanilla extract and salt, until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your hands, shape each truffle into 1-inch balls. The batter will be slightly crumbly, so shape each truffle gently and set it on the pan.
4. Insert a lollipop stick into the center of each truffle and freeze for 20 minutes.
5. Dip chilled truffles, one at the time, in melted coconut butter, then roll in shredded coconut. Set truffles back on the parchment paper.
6. Press three chocolate chips into each truffle to create a cute face.
7. Keep refrigerated as the coconut butter melts at temperatures above 72°F.
Banana Zombies (gluten, grain, dairy, and sugar free)
Makes: 12-15 Zombies
Time: 30 minutes
• 3 large bananas
• 3 tablespoons gently melted almond butter
• Lily’s Sweets sugar-free chocolate chips
• Sugar-free black frosting
1. Peel bananas and slice into 1.5 inch chunks.
2. Skewer bananas with kabob skewers
3. Melt almond butter in microwave to a liquid consistency
4. With a spoon, drizzle the melted almond butter with over each skewered banana chunk while rotating it to get all sides
5. Place onto foil covered plate and place into refrigerator for 10 minutes so that the almond butter hardens a little
6. Take out of fridge and place chocolate chips on to the banana pieces for eyes and draw on a spooky zombie smile with the frosting.
7. Set on plate and enjoy!!